The latest release of Autodesk® InfraWorks® 360 software brings civil engineering professionals closer to working with this tool just as they were trained to – like engineers. With our commitment to InfraWorks 360, this release further establishes the progression of this tool as a platform for BIM engineering design authoring for civil infrastructure projects. This update drives home our commitment to enable our customers to work like engineers. It includes new capabilities and enhancements such as component roads, cross section views, and superelevation, allowing for more advanced road design workflows; expanded bridge design features like component-based bridges and line girder analysis; and, enhancements in working with point clouds and flood simulation.
“Civil infrastructure professionals face huge challenges to the support of our transportation, land, water, and energy infrastructure. They need to build or rebuild them in ways that are more economical, practical, resilient, and attractive. Autodesk’s latest BIM for Infrastructure solutions – AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and the new release of InfraWorks 360 – offers users expanded capabilities for performing design and detailed engineering while improving teamwork and the enforcement of design standards. These tools will help our customers prepare for the future of civil infrastructure.” – Theo Agelopoulos, Director, Infrastructure Industry Business Strategy & Marketing, Autodesk, Inc.
So, What Is New in InfraWorks 360?
Work like an engineer. We know that Civil Engineers are problem solvers whose work relies on the application of physical and scientific principles for solving the problems of society ranging from small, less complex infrastructure projects to projects that significantly impact our transportation systems, drinking water and energy systems, sea ports and airports, and the infrastructure for a cleaner environment. In this release of InfraWorks 360, you’ll find capabilities with enhanced accuracy and precision. Here are a few:
- Views – A new “Views” menu allows you to quickly switch among different views.
- View Terrain Contours – You can draw a new parcel or easement, then modify its shape and dimensions. And display contour lines for Area of Interest features.
- Unit Configuration – Now you can configure model units by category (Basic, Transportation, and Structure) and specify different precision settings for various types of dimensions and model values.
- Cross Section Views – Gives you the ability to inspect superelevated roads, bridge decks, intersections, and turns zones. You can also modify maximum superelevation rate and runoff parameters for the entire component road in the Stack.
Select to work in the Conceptual View, the Engineering View, or a custom view.
More sophisticated road design. As a road and highway engineer, you’re concerned about the impacts of roadway/highway systems on so society. This release of InfraWorks 360 enables you to better design roads and associated drainage with smart components such as lanes, curbs and sidewalks and independently control their geometry, slopes, superelevation, and other properties.
- Component Roads – This feature give you to tools to build roads with meaningful components like curbs, lanes, and shoulders
- Superelevation – With the flip of a switch, you can calculate and apply superelvation to your road design. You can apply superelevation to any component roads in your model that have curves or spiral-curve-spirals. Once superelevation is applied to a component road, inspect the superelevated road, bridge and intersection regions using the station tracker and cross-section viewer.
Expanded bridge design capabilities. Bridge designers and engineers build structures that allow us to overcome obstacles in the existing conditions a project. Expanded capabilities in the latest InfraWorks 360 allows users to address more bridge design needs than ever before by delivering better control over detailed design of bridge decks and girders, and even vary cross-sections along the length of a bridge.
- Component-based Bridge Design – Now you can easily edit bridge decks and girders independently of other bridge components.
- Bridge Line Girder Analysis – Perform a detailed analysis of your bridge girders using the power of the cloud
Discover more about the latest capabilities of InfraWorks 360