Disrupt the infrastructure status-quo at AU2016
It is not business-as-usual this year at Autodesk University. Sure you will still have plenty of technical tracks filled with the training content you and your teams need to advance your capabilities. You can also attend Open Labs and see what’s new with certain tools – like InfraWorks 360 and Civil 3D. You might be asking, then, what is different? Last year, Autodesk introduced the Future of Making Things; this year, you will see these ideas and concepts in action. We challenged ourselves to help ‘make it real’ and we have done just that – with the help of innovating customers who are breaking ground. It seems most are well beyond the era of documentation; many are well into the era of optimization; and a few pioneers or innovators or [insert your favorite term here] are now trying to take advantage of the technology disruption. We want to join you in these technology discussions and help you experience infrastructure at AU2016. For a quick guide to infrastructure at AU take a look at the – INFRASTRUCTURE AGENDA
Experience Infrastructure at AU2016: Do you know how to get your swag? Find that and more on sweepstakes here: bimontherocks.com/au2016-experience-infrastructure/
Scroll to see infrastructure events at AU2016.
Calling all lovers of everything civil infrastructure! Show us why you [love being a civil engineer, why infrastructure projects matter, why you are helping make a difference] and use the hashtag: #iheartcivil; or post a selfie in front of one of your civil projects or a project you admire and post it to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with #iheartcivil.
Infrastructure Events at AU2016
TRANSPORTATION SUMMIT | Monday, 14 November | 1:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. | Palazzo O | INFRASTRUCTURE AGENDA
If you design, construct or own transportation assets, it’s time to break up with traditional CAD. Join us for the Transportation Summit as we deliver the Dodge/Smart Market Infrastructure update; discuss BIM initiatives; and showcase next generation BIM technology. This year we have limited seating and the registration is full, but drop by Monday afternoon to see if there are a few no-shows and we’ll welcome you, if so.
DESIGN SLAM | Tuesday, 15 November | Semi finals 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. / Finals 6:30 -7:30 p.m. | Exhibit Hall –AEC Theatre | INFRASTRUCTURE AGENDA
Join us as the masters of InfraWorks 360 enter the ring and exert their most powerful design and modeling forces against each other. Who will arise as the second annual InfraWorks 360 Design Slam Champion? In what twisted ways will the winner leverage the power of InfraWorks 360 to claim the title?
Coming soon: semi-finals viewer’s-choice poll.
LUNCH AND LEARN: MAKING OF INFRASTRUCTURE | Wednesday, 16 November | 12:00 p.m. –1:00 p.m. | Venetian Ballroom I/J | INFRASTRUCTURE AGENDA
Learn from the guerrilla futurists about how they are changing design with InfraWorks 360. You can then be your company’s innovation hero by taking these ideas back to your team to improve your design workflows. Stay tuned and RSVP for your spot on ON OCT 31
Infrastructure in AEC Exhibits
TUESDAY: 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. | WEDNESDAY: 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | THURSDAY: 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
VISIT THE GRAFFITI WALL, POST A SELFIE, AND GET A BUTTON
Why is civil infrastructure important to you? What makes you love civil infrastructure? How are you making a difference? Give us your reason #iheartcivil and snap a selfie at the Graffiti Wall. Post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and see your results live on the wall! Everyone who takes a selfie in front of the wall also receives a #iheartcivil button.
Be one of the first 50 people to take a #iheartcivil selfie in front of the civil infrastructure graffiti wall in AEC Exhibits and get a selfie stick. There are two opportunities to win:
TUESDAY MORNING: 1st 50 starting at 11:30 a.m.
TUESDAY EVENING: 1st 50 starting at 6:00 p.m.
GET A T-SHIRT
Want an InfraWorks 360 t-shirt? We sure would love to see you wearing one. It’s very simple: sign up for a trial – get a shirt. Find us in the AEC Exhibit space at the BUILD YOUR FAVORITE PLACE station and show us you are in trial, and we’ll get your shirt for you.
DRONE-TO-DESIGN – With 3DR, Recap, and InfraWorks 360, take your project from data capture to conceptual design in just a little time – with extraordinary amounts of existing conditions data. Want in a drawing for a drone? Find out more here: bimontherocks.com/au2016-experience-infrastructure/
BUILD YOUR FAVORITE PLACE – Test drive InfraWorks 360 and quickly model your hometown or favorite place.
PLAY IN THE AUGMENTED REALITY SANDBOX – Re-shape the landscape – build peaks, valleys, ponds, and streams; the shape of the sand is captured in 3D; the shape is modeled and analyzed; and the results are projected onto the sand (contours or elevation themes). Then, make it rain! Hold your hand over the sand to cast shadow. Rain will fall and water will flow.
Get your swag
How? Find out more here: bimontherocks.com/au2016-experience-infrastructure/
Infrastructure Special Meetings
These special interest meetings are by-invitation-only. Dates and times are to be determined. To be considered, click associated link and submit your information along with selection of adhoc. RSVP: REQUEST TO BE CONSIDERED
- Civil infrastructure tech preview/beta launch – Annual invitation-only meeting where customers are able to mix and mingle with members of the Autodesk civil infrastructure product team and to learn about new technology initiatives that are actively in development. The goal of the meeting is to generate customer excitement and to drive involvement in beta testing and ongoing product validation programs.
- Rail industry roundtable – Group discussion to understand key industry challenges, direction, and share where technology can help overcome. This group, by invitation only, will include perspectives from Owners, engineering & construction service providers, and operations & maintenance to cover the full project lifecycle.
- Aviation industry roundtable – This roundtable will include short presentations by airport owners to feed conversation topics around technology in aviation design, construction, and operations.
- FULL – Introducing geotechnical modeling – Get an introduction to Keynetix and geological modeling. Talk to the experts on advanced geotechnical modeling to streamline import and use of borehole data; to quickly create surfaces representing the various strata; generate profile views to display strip and rapidly manage changes and updates to geotechnical data.
- Drone piloting school Limited Seating – Provide drone piloting training to prepare customers to take FAA testing and enable broader use of Autodesk advanced technology for reality capture.
- Revit water/wastewater customer council – To discuss and get feedback on BIM/Revit in the water and wastewater industry – a key target industry.
- Plant 3D customer council
I look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas and I’m especially excited to see your #iheartcivil posts. We’ll be sharing those here, as well in the very near future.